Our conference will evolve a national perspective to develop India as a regional hub of fisheries business opportunities in India. It will focus on creating Centre-State partnerships to promote seamless development and leverage of opportunities in the fisheries sector. The objectives of the proposed conference is to bring together stakeholders from state and central governments, public sector enterprises, and the private sector in the fisheries sector.
- Increase awareness about fisheries sector and the policies and plans of the government to encourage the growth of the fisheries in India;
- Provide a platform for agencies, institutions, corporations and individuals to project their capabilities;
- Create networking opportunities for stakeholders in the fisheries sector;
- Identify skill gaps and capacity building needs and identify strategy for developing local economies with local resources and low-cost social innovation.
- Understand industry concerns and policy gaps for national, state and local intervention.